Mobile Applications Festival at UCI
As part of the last session of the 1st Scientific Conference of the Computer Science Engineer, the Festival of mobile applications was held in the Conference Room of School Building 4, at UCI.
This festival, which is committed to the development of new Android applications, provides opportunities that will enhance research on this subject in our house of higher studies.
Seven investigations were evaluated by a board composed of an equal number of specialists from the Center for Free Solutions (Cesol).
The following were among the applications exhibited:
- Application for the registration of technical files by the fifth year students from School 4, Sheila Martínez and Yasser Farach. It is a system linked to a web application which manages all data related to the computer equipment.
- OptiLab, from School 1. In a practical way, it allows users to see some phenomena related to the field of optics that is learned through the subject Physics II.
- Ilex, presented by the 5th year student from School 3, Félix Marrero. It is a mobile application that includes several laws such as the Constitution of the Republic, Civil and Criminal Codes, Traffic Law, Foreign Investment Law as well as the Labor Law and Labor Code.
- Application dedicated to the memory of Vilma Espín. It contains photos, texts and stories related to the life and work of this outstanding heroine and fighter of the Cuban Revolution.
- UCIProxy, by students from the School of Sciences and Computational Technologies. It allows the connection through the wifi with facilities like visualizing the consumption of the quota online.
- SoftCuba by the 5th year student from School 1, Elvis Salabarria. It is a mobile application that provides people with useful information about nearby hospitals, fire stations or police stations throughout the country in the event of catastrophe or natural disasters.
- Software Technological Class XAUCE ATcnea, presented by the 5th year student from School 4, Adrián Arencibia. It allows the teacher to have a technological link with students for teaching content knowledge and new forms of learning.
Next Monday, May 29, the best three works which will be awarded during the closing ceremony of this meeting will be made known.