The University Welfare Department develops educational strategies and programs for political-ideological work, prevention of drug abuse, and promotion of values, knowledge, resources and skills from a holistic approach.
Its specialists work to consolidate an environment characterized by an intellectual, ethical and aesthetic environment, in which the university community participates in curricular and extracurricular activities, cultural, sports, recreation and health, that strengthen the capacity of students, professors and workers to autonomously and responsibly assume a healthy lifestyle.
Among the functions and services of this department are:
- Generate and provide welfare services through an interdisciplinary work and a preventive approach, which contribute to the integral formation and
- Establish programs of promotion and prevention in health in order to strengthen individual and collective well-being.
- Establish a program of psychological and psycho- pedagogical advice for the improvement of the academic and labor processes.
- Offer psycho- pedagogical counseling to accompany the students in their staying at the University.
- Provide guidelines for the follow-up to the behavior and personal problems of students and workers.