The academic title of Graduate Specialist in Computer Security is achieved through the development in professionals of specific competencies for the organization, direction and management of the Computer Security process with a high degree of autonomy, creativity and efficiency, and which favor the integral protection of computer systems and data networks.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Show specific competencies necessary for the organization, direction and management of the Computer Security process with a high degree of autonomy, creativity and efficiency that favor the integral protection of computer systems and data networks.
- To solve professional problems in the field of Computer Security with a high degree of complexity, adjusted to the contemporary trends of this field, a solid scientific-technical preparation and the development of patriotic and ethical values.
- To broaden the professional field of action, so that graduates can work in all fields of Information Security, both in basic entities and in higher levels of organization.
Research, development and innovation lines
- Computer Security Management Systems.
- High performance audits of data networks, services and computer systems.
- Monitoring and detection of anomalous behavior from traffic analysis and other sources of information.
- Computer security incident management.
To obtain the title of Graduate Specialist in Computer Security it is necessary to accumulate at least 60 credits structured as follows:
|Basic academic training activities
|Specialized academic training activities
|Research, development and innovation activities
|Preparation and defense of a written report
- To be a university graduate, preferably in a career related to the program (Computer Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications and Electronics Engineering and Automatic Engineering).
- To be proposed by the central level of his/her entity (letter addressed to the coordinator with the interest of the entity) and to have performed any of the following functions:
- IT security management.
- Audit of networks, telematic services or computer security.
- Administration of networks and telematic services.
- Development of products related to computer security.
Enrollment application information
- The enrollment application will be processed through the admission system, https://admision.uci.cu.
- The following documents in pdf format must be provided at the time of application:
- Photocopy of identity document, both sides.
- Photocopy of the university graduate degree, duly checked against the original, by legally authorized personnel at the Higher Education Center that issued it. The name of the person who performed the review of the degree and the date on which it was performed must be recorded.
- Curriculum Vitae (in the established model and with the collated photocopies of the certificates of those courses received that you intend to accredit).
- Letter of consent from your work center that endorses the information contained in the Curriculum Vitae and the application form, as well as the availability of time to dedicate to the program through the execution of a professional research or innovation project.
- For executives: submit the authorization of the executive committee of their level of management.
- For non-state sector workers: submit the original and copy of the document that proves it.
To formalize the enrollment, the selected professionals must submit the above documentation, the application form duly filled out and a passport photo, at the Secretariat of Postgraduate Studies of the University of Informatics Sciences.
M. Sc. Henry Raúl González brito, Coordinator of the Postgraduate Specialty in Computer Security
Postal address: Carretera a San Antonio de los Baños, Km 2 ½, reparto Torrens, municipio Boyeros, La Habana, Cuba. POSTAL CODE: 19370
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Telephone numbers: +53 59921416, +53 7835 8141